Master´s Degree Program
Cellular and Molecular Plant Biology
“Zelluläre und Molekulare Biologie der Pflanzen”
Center for Plant Molecular Biology (ZMBP)
Department of Biology
- General Information Fachbereich Biologie, Master (M. Sc.)
Zelluläre und molekulare Biologie der Pflanzen
- Overview of courses of Master ZMBP
- Infotag Master April 2017
- The international Master´s Degree Program in Biology / Area of Specialization: Cell and Molecular Plant Biology – M-ZMBP – at the Universty of Tübingen started in fall 2010. The state-of-the-art scientific research conducted at the Center for Plant Molecular Biology (ZMBP) and the Department of Biology in the Faculty for Mathematics and Natural Sciences offers a unique opportunity to pursue studies in an inspiring, research-orientated atmosphere.
- The aim of the Master ZMBP program is to provide students with the knowledge and skills needed for modern, advanced cell and molecular plant science research. The program is organized by the ZMBP, which is a major research and teaching institute in the Department of Biology at the University of Tübingen, located on the Morgenstelle Campus, and the Faculty for Mathematics and Natural Sciences.
- Within the program, students have the possibility to select courses (modules) at the ZMBP, the Department of Biology, the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences and at the Faculty of Human Sciences.
- After completion of the M.Sc. in Biology / Area of Specialization M-ZMBP, successful students will be eligible to enter the PhD programs at the University of Tübingen.
- 120 ECTS credits
- Individual study plan
- 2 years (4 semester)
- Molecular and cellular plant science
Genetics and developmental plant science
Plant abiotic and biotic stress tolerance
Plant signal transduction and physiology
Plant functional genomics
- Molecular biology and genetics
- Biochemistry and bioanalytics
- Live cell imaging, spectroscopy, FACS
- Electron microscopy (REM, TEM)
ZMBP RESEARCH GROUP LEADERS
Farid El Kasmi
Applicants with a bachelor´s degree, or an equivalent degree in biology or a relevant field, such as molecular biology, biochemistry or biophysics from Germany or abroad, are eligible. A good command of written and spoken English is required. Selection is based on the grade attained for the bachelor’s degree or equivalent degree. This can be upgraded by extra vocational qualifications, such as BTA or MTA training, by work experience abroad in a biological field for a minimum period of six weeks or by scientific prizes or publications.
The application period ends on 15 January (SS) or 15 July (WS). For further information see: http://www.mnf.uni-tuebingen.de/fachbereiche/biologie
Center for Plant Molecular Biology
University of Tübingen
Auf der Morgenstelle 1